The Top 10 Digestive Disorders in America
When the discussion turns toward digestion issues, we tend to only discuss two topics: the stomach and our bowel movements. There is either a rumbling in our stomachs, we are having difficulty going to the bathroom, or we are going too often. AMP Floracel, a company that devotes themselves to treating digestive disorders and autoimmune disease by creating all natural, Aloe based supplements, knows that our digestive system encompasses a lot more than just our stomach and the waste that we eliminate from what we eat.
Digestive issues can occur anywhere from the top of our esophagus all the way down to the colon, so you can imagine there are many problems that can take place. You could be suffering from a digestive disorder and not even realize it. If you suffer from chronic heartburn, then that in itself is a digestion problem that needs to be addressed. If you suffer from any of the digestive disorders below, AMP Floracel’s organic aloe-vera supplements can serve as a remedy for your digestive disorder’s symptoms and management.
There is an array of digestive diseases that can affect many different parts of the digestive system as a whole. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease, these are the top digestive disorders in the United State in order of their prevalence:
1. Gastrointestinal infections. These infections are either viral, bacterial, or occur because of a parasite. Inflammation occurs in the stomach and intestines, and can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. Over the counter supplements for gastrointestinal infections are typically aloe-based and coat the stomach lining to prevent inflammation and the resulting symptoms.
2. Chronic constipation. This is characterized by several days without a normal bowel movement. Bowels can be hard and difficult to pass, but chronic constipation can lead to health problems since your body is not properly disposing of waste after digestion and toxins are lingering in the colon. Chronic constipation is usually caused by poor diet, so tweaking your diet and introducing an organic supplement to treat your chronic constipation, can get you on the path to having healthy, regulated bowels.
3. Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Referred to as GERD and occurs when acid from the stomach enters the esophagus due to the lower part or the esophagus sphincter relaxes at the wrong time. GERD is very serious and can lead to esophagus cancer.
4. Gallstones. These are the product of cholesterol and bile, which can result in infection, irritation, and inflammation. Pain can be sudden and is felt in the upper abdomen, severe pain can be linked with vomiting and nausea.
5. Peptic ulcer disease. Most commonly caused by the H. pylori bacteria and causes stomach pains. The bacteria disrupts that protective layer of the stomach causing ulcers.
6. Viral hepatitis C. This is an infection of the liver caused by a virus. Since everything we consume passes through the liver, hepatitis C is considered a digestive disorder. Acute hepatitis C can clear up on its own but chronic hepatitis C will never go away.
7. Abdominal wall hernia. There are many types of hernias but in this type of hernia, a noticeable bulge may occur and can lead to discomfort. Obesity has shown to be a cause for this type of hernia.
8. Liver disease. The liver is heavily involved in the digestive system since it aids digestion and the breakdown of food. There are many different types of liver diseases and causes.
9. Diverticulitis. Occurs within the intestines and colon and produces bulging sacks along the lining. The digestive disorder could be symptomless and mild or it could lead to fever, pain, constipation, and diarrhea. Aloe-vera supplements can serve as natural remedies for diverticulitis, relieving any constipation or diarrhea.
10. Pancreatitis. Inflammation of the pancreas leads to pancreatitis. The pancreas produces enzymes which aids digestion and processes sugar. Pancreatitis could either clear up on its own or stay with a person. The causes of pancreatitis are numerous.