Ulcerative Colitis in Pets
Ulcerative Colitis causes chronic inflammation in the intestine (colon) and the rectum. Ulcerative Colitis is usually found in the lower section of your pet’s colon, but it can affect the entire colon as well. Depending on how much of the intestine is effected can determine how severe the symptoms can be.
Ulcerative Colitis symptoms in pets include:
Symptoms of ulcerative colitis will vary depending on the severity and location of the disease. The most common symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis are:
- Bloody stools
- Uncontrollable diarrhea
- Weight loss
- Joint pain
Generally, pets that suffer from Ulcerative Colitis will not always have consistent symptoms. Symptoms can arise gradually or abruptly, but will not usually be constant. There will usually be flare-ups. A flare-up is when your pet relapses and experiences symptoms.
Causes of Ulcerative Colitis:
There have been no proven studies to determine how pets develop Ulcerative Colitis. Researchers believe that a pet initially has an autoimmune attack. An autoimmune attack occurs when your pet’s body begins attacking invaders to protect itself from harmful agents. But in Ulcerative Colitis there are no invaders. Your pet’s body is confused and begins attacking itself by attacking the muscles and organs causing inflammation and more severe symptoms. Another study shows that Ulcerative Colitis can be linked to bloodlines.
How to Diagnose Ulcerative Colitis in Pets:
Your veterinarian will take a complete medical history of your pet, as well as perform a physical exam. He or she can also request further testing specifically done for Ulcerative Colitis.
These tests include the following:
- Blood Test: This is taken to see if there is infection or anemia.
- Stool Sample: This is taken to test the blood in your pet’s stool and to check for bowel infections.
- Barium Enema X-Ray: An x-ray is done after swallowing a liquid that will display a picture of your pet’s entire colon.
A.M.P. Floracel® offers a natural supplement for pets suffering from Crohn’s, Colitis, Diabetes, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diarrhea, Constipation and many other digestive diseases and disorders.
We recommend A.M.P. Floracel® for anyone who wishes to significantly enhance their pet’s general health and for pets suffering from any illness.
Are you wondering how A.M.P. Floracel® works?
The Aloe Mucilaginous Polysaccharide molecules absorb into your pet’s bloodstream, reducing inflammation and helping to distribute nutrients throughout your pet’s body. These AMP molecules also help the healthy flora to thrive which aids in proper digestion. When your pets body is properly absorbing and distributing nutrients it helps the rest of the body to function properly. This is how A.M.P. Floracel® begins aiding in the recovery process.
Digestive diseases are not just uncomfortable for your pet and an inconvenience for you; they can also lead to future health problems. A.M.P. Floracel® helps prevent current and future diseases.
Proper Digestive Function means Prevention and Healing
Benefits of A.M.P. Floracel® Pet Powder:
- Can be used simultaneously with any supplement or medication
- Normalizes an array of damaging processes in the digestive tract
- Promotes proliferation of healthy flora in the digestive tract
- Rebuilds the intestinal protective mucosa lining
- Controls chronic yeast growth so that normal healthy flora can thrive
- Stops the bleeding, damage and leakage of the intestinal wall, taking the stress off the immune system
- Effectively balances and restores proper immune system function
- Acts as a potent anti-inflammatory agent to reduce inflammation
- Fuels the entire body by promoting proper digestion, absorption and assimilation of foods and nutrients
- Promotes and accelerates a wide range of tissue-healing processes
- Contributes greatly to the prevention and healing of malignant cells
- Not digested by the enzyme system and is taken up into the cell intact
- Increases circulation
- Aids in blood sugar balancing
- Increases phagocytosis — ex: the ingestion of viruses and bacteria by phagocytes throughout the body
- Eliminates poor digestion and thus a host of pathological reactions