- 26 Jun
Understanding Autoimmune Diseases
You may have heard the term “autoimmune disease,” but do you truly understand what that means? Here are the basics you need to know.
What Is an Autoimmune Disease?
An autoimmune disease causes a person’s immune system to become overactive; the body begins to attack itself and damages its own tissues. This leads to increased vulnerability to infections and other issues. Some common autoimmune diseases include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Type 1 diabetes
- Hashimoto’s disease
These conditions are just the tip of the iceberg. There are about 80 different autoimmune diseases, and many of them have similar symptoms, which means it may be challenging for doctors to diagnose which condition a person is suffering from.
What Causes Autoimmune Diseases?
Experts still do not know exactly what causes autoimmune diseases. Some theories indicate that bacteria, viruses, chemical irritants, environmental irritants, or genetic factors may play a role in causing these diseases.
How Can a Person Manage an Autoimmune Disease?
If you have an autoimmune disease, or even suspect that you do, it’s important to confer with your doctor to get tips on managing your condition. A medical professional might recommend that you:
- Adjust your diet. Each autoimmune disease comes with unique dietary recommendations that can prevent or reduce inflammation and other symptoms.
- Exercise in moderation. Overdoing it can cause joint pain and other discomforts, but if you stay within your limits, you’ll notice that exercise can improve immune function and help your overall well-being.
- Take appropriate supplements. Research indicates that aloe supports digestive and immune health. It may help to manage symptoms of some autoimmune diseases, including ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, and Crohn’s disease.
Living with an autoimmune disease is challenging, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Strive to understand your condition and take measures to manage it. Also, try adding AMP Floracel to your healthcare routine to experience the healing power of aloe.