- 07 Aug
Treating Crohn’s Disease at Home
If you suffer from Crohn’s disease, then you are more than likely familiar with abdominal pain, diarrhea, and subsequently, weight loss. Many people who live with Crohn’s disease are constantly looking to avoid foods that will irritate their symptoms, and try to find relief if they are experiencing symptoms. There are many treatments for Crohn’s disease, such as prescription anti-inflammatory medications or over the counter antidiuretics, but there are also steps that you can take at home to help naturally treat Crohn’s disease symptoms and flare-ups. AMP Floracel, a company that has created an aloe based organic supplement to alleviate symptoms of Crohn’s disease, offers some home remedies to naturally relieve flare-ups.
- Lifestyle- Live an active life, get plenty of exercise, and do not use antibiotics unless they have been prescribed by your doctor, even if they are organic supplements for treating Chrohn’s symtpoms.
- Stress Management- Stress is not a cause of Crohn’s, but it can be a trigger a flare or make symptoms worse. Practice relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation to keep your body relaxed and reduce your chances of flares due to your body being in a stressful state.
- Diet- Make sure that you are maintaining a healthy diet. Avoid foods that trigger your symptoms, and make sure that you are ingesting a high calorie and high protein diet, even when you are not hungry.
- Hydrate- Make sure to drink plenty of water when you are experiencing a flare and have diarrhea, which can leave you dehydrated.
- No smoking- One of the most important things to avoid when you are living with Crohn’s is smoking. Smoking makes Crohn’s disease worse and the more you smoke, the greater your risk for aggravating your symptoms.