- 27 Mar
Reach Your Optimal Digestive Health with Herbs and Spices
Before the time of over-the-counter remedies and herbal supplements, many individuals turned to the abundance of local plant life to assist them in treating and healing common digestive complaints. These remedies are still implemented today to support everyday health.
Herbal remedies can be found in capsule form on store shelves or combined with other medications. Besides this method of consumption, there are other healthier ways to ingest herbs and spices in their most natural state that may help maintain your digestive health. For instance, adding herbs to a home-cooked meal or brewing herbal teas.
A.M.P. Floracel® strives to introduce you to natural alternatives that may support your digestive health. Learn how to use herbs and spices to liven up your diet!
The Pros and Cons of Fresh vs. Dried Herbs and Spices
A question most commonly asked is whether dried herbs and spices have the same nutritional value as fresh ones. Though both options have varying degrees of nutritional value, they do differ.
1. Pros and Cons of Fresh Herbs and Spices
- Pros: Fresh herbs and spices are rich in nutrients, disease and germ fighting antioxidants, essential oils, taste excellent in food, consist of an intense aroma, has texture, are brightly colored and easy to harvest and grow at home.
- Cons: Fresh herbs and spices have a short shelf life and get moldy easily if not stored properly.
2. Pros and Cons of Dried Herbs and Spices
- Pros: Dried herbs and spices retain a lot of their flavors, are inexpensive, easy to store and are available year-round.
- Cons: Dried herbs and spices do not have the same nutritional value as fresh, are dull in color, have a flaky texture and the flavor and aroma are not as intense.
Add Herbs and Spices to Your Diet
Whether you decide to use fresh or dried herbs and spices, it’s easy to include these ingredients into your daily diet.
1. Cook herbs into the food (preferably before cooking for maximum digestive health benefits).
2. Add extra flavor to enliven all types of vegan salads.
3. Complement your soup or broth with herbs and spices.
4. Steep your herbal tea well to receive maximum digest health benefits.
Founded in 1996, A.M.P. Floracel® may provide an alternative, natural way to relieve digestive discomfort. This natural supplement may support those suffering from conditions like Crohn’s, colitis, diverticulitis, diabetes and more. Contact us today to place an order or for more information!