Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a disorder that causes extreme discomfort and is categorized by dramatic changes in bowel movements. Symptoms in patients that suffer from IBS included diarrhea, constipation, along with cramps and abdominal pain, which can make everyday activities unbearable. Most cases of IBS need to be addressed by medical care and often need the use of prescription drugs, as well as the use of organic and natural supplements, such as the ones offered by companies like A.M.P Floracel. However, there is hope for alleviating the symptoms of IBS by the practice of proper dieting.
A.M.P. Floracel offers 5 diets for individuals who suffer from IBS:
- High Fiber Diet– Fiber rich food add bulk to stools, which will aid in movement. Fiber rich foods include fruits, vegetables, and whole grains that help prevent constipation.
- Low Fiber Diet– For some patients with IBS, fiber can worsen symptoms by increasing gassiness and diarrhea. Try taking soluble fiber instead, which dissolves in water; such as apples, berries, carrots, and oatmeal.
- Gluten Free Diet– Gluten is a protein that is found in grain products, such as pastas and bread. Some people with IBS have an intolerance or sensitivity to gluten, and the protein can damage the intestines. There are many gluten free versions of your favorite foods and they can be found in nearly every grocery store.
- Elimination Diet– This diet focuses on eliminating food for an extended amount of time to see if your IBS symptoms improve. Most items that are eliminated are coffee, chocolate, and nuts.
- Low Fat Diet– High fat foods are known culprits for many health issues and they can be especially hard on individuals with IBS. Focus on lean meats, fruits and vegetables, grains, and low fat dairy products.