About Crohn’s Disease
Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory condition of the gastrointestinal tract. Day-to-day living could be extremely difficult due to frequent symptoms like diarrhea, gastrointestinal bleeding, anal tears, or bowel obstructions. Some people won’t have symptoms for years, but others have frequent “flare ups” or “attacks.”
If you have Crohn’s disease don’t feel like you are alone, approximately 700,000 Americans suffer along with you. Learning you have Crohn’s disease might be very stressful, but as time goes on you will life will return to normal. The best thing you can do is not hide your condition from everyone in your life. Let your companions know about your condition so that they can help you in times of need.
Strategies That Can Make Living With Crohn’s Disease Easier
- Find out where the restrooms are in restaurants, shopping areas, theaters, and on public transportation.
- Carry extra underclothing, toilet paper, or moist wipes when traveling as needed.
- When leaving on long distance trips, speak with your doctor first. Travel plans should include a long-term supply of your medication, its generic name in case you run out or lose it, and the names of doctors in the area you will be visiting.
- Try to go about your daily life as normally as possible, pursuing activities as you did before your diagnosis. There is no reason for you to sit out on things that you have always enjoyed or have dreamed of doing one day.
- Join CCFA’s free online community at www.ccfacommunity.org to get the support you need through participation in discussion boards, personal stories, and much more.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions about taking medication (even when you are feeling perfectly well).
- Bring a family member or friend to your doctor’s appointment for support.
- Maintain a positive outlook. That’s the basic—and best—prescription!
(from the CCFA)
Don’t hide from your symptoms! Learn about them and make changes to your life that will improve your health.
AMP FLORACEL® Can Help!
A.M.P. FLORACEL® can greatly reduce the signs and symptoms and even bring about long-term remission. Many people with Ulcerative Colitis are able to function well and live a normal symptom free life and have been for years. Speak to a specialist toll free at 1-888-858-4300 and start your relief today!