- 23 Dec
Cookies for Santa
Cookies for Santa
Have you baked Santa’s cookies yet? If not we have a great recipe for the health minded person. Eating fiber around the holidays can really help your digestion as well as your overall health. Have you heard of fiber being important in your diet? Most of us have but do not know why.
Fiber is an indigestible substance that is found mostly in the outer layers of plants. Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that passes through the digestive system really unchanged, without being broken down into nutrients. Carbohydrates constitute the main source of energy for all body functions.
- Fiber requires you to chew more thoroughly, it slows down the eating process and helps contribute to a feeling of being full, which in turn can help prevent obesity from overeating.
- It gives you the feeling of feeling more satisfied, probably because the contents of the stomach are bulkier and stay there longer.
- Fiber slows digestion and absorption so that glucose (sugar) in food enters the bloodstream more slowly, which keeps blood sugar on a more even level.
- Fiber breaks down in your colon (the main part of the large intestine) by bacteria (a process called fermentation), and the simple organic acids produced by this breakdown helps to nourish the lining of the colon.
- These acids also provide fuel for the body, especially the liver, and can play an important role in metabolism.
Where can you find fiber?
Substantial amounts of fiber can be found in foods such as:
- All-natural cereals
- Whole-grain breads
High Fiber Oatmeal Cookies
This can make a great breakfast cookie or snack. Dense and chewy, much like a granola bar. Raisins can be omitted if desired.
Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 36
2 Small Very Ripe Bananas
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup White Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
3/4 cup Raisins (optional)
2 Cups Unsweetened Applesauce
3 Egg Whites
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Oatmeal
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Makes 36 Cookies
Combine bananas, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. In a large bowl mix, oatmeal, flours and baking soda, salt , spice and raisins. Add fruit mixture until just blended. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Taking A.M.P.Floracel® in addition to eating a well-balanced diet can be key to your digestive health.
A.M.P. FLORACEL ® is an all natural, non toxic way to keep your digestive tract healthy. The way that it works is it absorbs into your intestines and flows through your bloodstream which can help distribute the nutrients throughout your body. (Every bone, muscle, gland tissue, and organ needs to absorb your nutrients properly). The healthy flora needs to thrive throughout your body and help to coat areas of the digestive tract that are infected, hurt, inflamed and/or bleeding. The healing process now can begin.
Researchers believe 90% of all diseases begin in the digestive tract due to improper digestion, absorption, and assimilation of nutrients. In order for disorders and diseases of the digestive tract to recover, the immune system must be able to properly digest, absorb, and assimilate nutrients. Without proper absorption of essential nutrients, the immune system is unable to ward off potential diseases or battle against existing conditions.
The key to a healthy digestive system and a healthy immune system is the oral ingestion of A.M.P. FLORACEL® this holiday season!