GERD, otherwise known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, occurs when there is a back-flow of stomach contents that causes extreme discomfort and a range of symptoms. GERD treatments can range from lifestyle or diet measures to the use of medication or surgical procedures. When choosing foods to include in your GERD diet, it’s important that you make a plan before making a trip to the store.
At A.M.P. Floracel®, we believe that natural remedies are key to ensuring good health. We have provided some tips on how to plan your trip to your local farmer’s market to help you stock up on GERD-friendly foods!
6 Tips for Finding GERD-Friendly Foods at the Farmer’s Market
Planning your trip to your local farmer’s market can be a successful one. Always arrive early, so you can have the best selection! Before you leave the house, have a plan in mind to navigate smoothly through this event.
1. Be Aware of What’s in Season. One of the benefits of shopping at a farmer’s market is that most of the produce is grown locally. This means that it’s picked at its peak, which provides the best taste. Plan your meals based on what ingredients are in season. This will give you an idea of what’s available to add to your GERD diet.
2. Have a GERD-Friendly Plan. Many individuals go into a farmer’s market buying more produce than necessary. It’s important to have a list of the foods that you need to maintain your special diet, so you don’t end up buying too much and throwing excess away.
3. It’s OK to be Adventurous. Part of the fun of exploring a farmer’s market is to try something new. Think of the event as an epicurean adventure!
4. Ask Questions. Similar to anyone who enjoys their career, farmers love talking about their products! Asking the seller about their food is a great way to learn more about the produce and tips on preparing dishes with the ingredient.
5. Learn to Preserve Your Produce. Preserving your produce allows you to save whatever you bought to last the rest of the year. The easiest way to preserve your produce is to freeze it.
6. Prepare for Purchase. Bring cash to the market with you because some booths may not have the tools to run your credit or debit card. Don’t forget to bring your eco-friendly bags to carry all of your delicious foods home!
Since 1996, A.M.P. Floracel® has been the answer for many people who have searched for alternative, natural ways to relieve symptoms associated with GERD. This natural supplement has helped those suffering from conditions like crohn’s, colitis, diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes and more. Contact us today to place an order or for more information!