- 09 Sep
6 Tips for Nighttime Heartburn Relief
Millions of people experience acid reflux and more seriously, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) daily. Heartburn is a symptom of the reflux of acidic stomach content back into the esophagus, which is why four out of five individuals who suffer from acid reflux claim to experience heartburn at night. An understandable statistic when you consider that a lying down position will more easily allow acidic contents to re-enter the esophagus.
A.M.P. Floracel, experts in supplying relief for acid reflux and other symptoms from digestive disorders and autoimmune diseases, are aware that waking up with a sore throat, chronic cough, fatigue, and a bitter taste in your mouth is unpleasant and even painful. Suffering from symptoms of nighttime heartburn can leave you searching for natural relief.
A.M.P Floracel not only wants to offer you relief with our 100% natural and organic aloe vera supplements, but we can also offer six tips to help you find relief from nighttime heartburn.
- Prevent heartburn by limiting your intake of acidic foods; such as: tomatoes, oranges or vinegar, and limiting or eliminating spicy foods, such as peppers or chilies.
- Do not lie down immediately after you eat. Wait at least two to three hours before you head to bed. Gravity helps drain food and stomach acid into the stomach.
- Swap out greasy and fatty foods like hamburgers and French fries, for lean meats and non-fatty foods.
- Eliminate foods that trigger heartburn; such as: chocolate, caffeine, or alcohol.
- Sleep propped up with several pillows to support you. Sleeping upright will help keep the acids down where they belong.
Ask your doctors about over-the-counter antacid medicines or look into all natural antacid supplements such as those offered by A.M.P. Floracel, which will help alleviate the symptoms of acid reflux caused by more severe digestive disorders.