That feeling when you first wake up with cramps, bloated stomach, feeling full and sometimes even feeling nauseous doesn’t make “good morning” such a good morning anymore…
Swallowing too Much Air:
Swallowing air is the most common reason for bloating and can leave even the most toned of tummies looking round. Gulping can leave air trapped in your stomach — this not only increases your waistline but also mean’s you are more likely to burp and pass wind as the air desperately tries to escape.
Swallowing too much air happens from:
- Eating too quickly
- Knocking back drinks
- Sipping through a straw
- Relentlessly chewing gum
- Crunching sweets can be particularly problematic due to the fact many are packed with artificial sweeteners, such as sorbitol, that is known to cause bloating.
Do this instead:
- Take time to chew your meals properly without rushing
- Freshen breath with a swill of mouthwash or use breath freshener instead of chewing gum
- Quit smoking — every time you inhale, air is passed into your stomach. (Besides you know it does that thing to you called CANCER)
Bloating from Stress
Stress has a negative effect on your health in many ways but one that often comes as a surprise is that it causes your stomach to expand. Under periods of pressure, the colon can experience spasms rather than behaving in its normal manner. And as we all know, feeling highly strung can lead to further inch gain, thanks to binging on high-energy foods that can be high in fat.
Do this instead:
- Yoga — a morning session will boost your blood circulation, kick-start your organs and offer a feeling of mental calm
- Breathe deeply, inhaling through the nose and out through the mouth. This will regulate uneven breathing patterns that often come with stress and also boosts oxygen circulation to your brain. Read more about how deep breathing and yoga can help your overall in our previous blogs!
- Opt for wholegrain options where possible to aid digestion and prevent excessive trapped air.
- You’re drinking too much soda
Bloating from Sugar
You may be unaware, but sugar can be difficult to digest properly. Those who are fructose-intolerant will notice that soon after drinking a fizzy drink, they may feel uncomfortable and bloated. This is also the case with fruits, in particular apples and bananas that are high in fructose.
Do this instead:
- Opt for water or herbal tea to keep hydrated, instead of soda.
- If you must drink soft drinks, give yourself a limit of one per day and eventually one every other day until you finally only have a soda as a treat.
- Eat fruit in small portions.
- Opt for lower-sugar fruits, such as melon, peaches, and apricots.
- You’re lazy: Not only will skipping that gym class affects your fitness levels, it will encourage the body to absorb gas. If this wasn’t enough, in the short-term, the bloating will slow down digestion too.
Did you know that aloe supplements can help with bloating*?
Aloe Powder Formula by A.M.P. Floracel
Aloe Capsules Formula by A.M.P. Floracel
Putting off the gym
- Early morning exercise will help your body get rid excess air that can accumulate overnight through snoring
- Help beat constipation with a 30-minute session of aerobic exercise, this will help move food through the digestive tract more rapidly
- Eat a high protein meal after exercise, which will minimize swelling and trapped air.
You love gassy foods
Certain foods are not as well absorbed by the human digestive system as others. We’ve listed some of the most guilty culprits below. but remember they are all healthy choices and should be part of a balanced diet — only be aware of them if have a tight outfit to squeeze into.
- brussels sprouts
- beans and legumes
- dark beer
- fried and fatty foods
- milk and other dairy products
A.M.P. Floracel® offers a natural aloe supplement for anyone suffering from autoimmune and digestive diseases and disorders such as Crohn’s, Colitis, Diverticulitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diabetes. Since 1996, A.M.P. Floracel has been the answer for many people who have searched for alternative ways to alleviate their symptoms*. Contact us today to order or for more information regarding our product!
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease*